- The post office in Malaysia prefers addresses to be written in capital letters.
- Punctuation is not necessary, though can be used to separate abbreviations and numbers and names.
- There is a five digit postcode which should be written to the left of (and on the same line as) the name of the city.
- Since the first two numbers of the postcode denotes the state, there is no need to write the name of the state on the address.
NO.2, JALAN JURURANCANG U1/21
HICOM GLENMARIE INDUSTRIAL PARK
40150 SHAH ALAM
Undeliverable mail terms
|Alamat tidak diketahui||Unknown address|
|Alamat tidak lengkap||Incompete address|
|Dikembalikan||Return to sender|
|Tiada jalan ini||Unknown road|
|Tiada nombor ini||Unknown house number|
National holidays 2012
1 January ♦ New Year's Day*
23 and 24 January ♦ Chinese New Year
5 February ♦ Maulidur Rasul
1 May ♦ Labour Day
5 May ♦ Wesak Day
2 June ♦ King's Birthday
19 and 20 August ♦ Eid Al Fitr
31 August ♦ Merdeka Day (Independance Day)
16 September ♦ Malaysia Day
26 October ♦ Hari Raya Haji
13 November ♦ Deewali
15 November ♦ Awal Muharram/Maal Hijrah (Islamic New Year)
25 December ♦ Christmas Day
* Not applicable for Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Perlis and Terengganu